"Get into the Know"
6 Facts About Gadaffi’s Security Team
1. They are all virgins and take a vow of chastity when becoming official bodyguards.
2. Gaddafi believes it is empowering for women to be his bodyguards. He says, “Women should be trained for combat, so that they do not become easy prey for their enemies.”
3. They are all trained killers and hand-picked by Gaddafi himself.
4. The girls wear lipstick, jewellery, polished nails, and even high heels.
5. All of his girls are said to swear an oath that they will give their lives for him and it is claimed they never leave his side, night or day.
6. In 1998 one of them was killed and seven others wounded when Islamic fundamentalists in Libya ambushed the Colonel's motorcade. The dead bodyguard, rumoured to be his favourite, threw herself across Gaddafi's body to stop the bullets
An unidentified member of Libyan Leader Moammar Gadhafi's female bodyguards looks on after being prevented, by force, from entering a complex where an Arab League summit takes place in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt, Feb. 28, 2003.
Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi (L) and Ukraine's President Viktor Yushchenko take part in an official welcoming ceremony as Libyan bodyguards look on in Kiev November 4, 2008.
Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi walks down the stairs of his private airplane followed by his bodyguards at the Ciampino airport in Rome August 29, 2010. Gaddafi is in Rome to mark the second annual Libyan-Italian friendship day on August 30 and he will meet Italy's Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi for talks. Italy, which ruled Libya from 1911 to 1943, has had difficult relations with Gaddafi since he seized power in 1969 but ties have warmed in recent years.
Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's female bodyguards are seen while Gaddafi visits the Louvre Museum in Paris December 13, 2007.
-One of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's female bodyguards stands guard outside a tent at Qubba presidential palace March 6. Gaddafi starts a week-long visit, amid signs of possible breakthrough in the Lockerbie dispute.
Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, surrounded by his female bodyguards, attends a meeting with female personalities in Paris, December 12, 2007.